26.01.2014

Baby it's cold outside. Coconut cookies and jazz music.




I take a big pleasure from days like this! It is just so wonderful outside when the temperature goes under -10 degrees, everything is covered by snow and I can literally feel my breath is freezing.
As the days are still quite short and during the weekend I have many things to do, it is hard to catch a little bit of sunlight. That is why my winter photos are taken in the night in black and white colors only.
I am wearing chunky colorful scarf, furry hat matching the fake fur on my warm coat and leather gloves in deep yellow. It is nice combination for really cold days and I feel very comfortable in it.

For me, winter is very inspiring season, since we can sit under the blanket, with a cup of hot tea and good book or laptop full of new ideas!
It is also nice to have some manual work to do in case not to get bored. During the wintertime I enjoy sewing (I am so bad at it, but still it is nice to improve our skills), drawing and baking.

I believe my favorite (very quick and easy) recipe is for coconut cookies. 
To make them we need:
* two egg's whites 
*one cup of sugar
*1/4 packet of butter
*200g of desiccated coconut
*few drops of vanilla flavor

Firstly, we have to create a foam from egg whites. When we have it done, we should leave it in a fridge and melt the butter into a small pot. After the butter is melted we should slowly add sugar and mix it until it's combined.
Then, we pour our coconut to the mixture and again, we gently mix it.
We should remember to leave our pot for a few minutes to cool it a little bit. After that time, egg foam is ready to add into the pot. I would say, it is the most important part as we have to stir it pretty well as there will be no loose parts of the mixture. 
Now we only have to put our cookies on a baking paper and pre-heat our oven (about 220 degrees).
Bake your cookies 10 to 15 minutes (it depends on how big they are). Don't eat them when they are hot since the might be a little bit too soft!
Mmm, delicious : )


During winter I also like to move into old times. Thanks to music and films it isn't very hard to do! Currently I listen to old jazz music recorded by Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James and Louis Armstrong. Also, the song which names I've putted in the title of that post is something I recommend everyone to listen to.


When it comes to films my favorite one from January is Anna Karenina from 1997. Sophie Marceau was stunning as Anna. Also costumes, music and the whole arrangement of that film was just perfect to me.
If you haven't watched that one or you've seen newer version with Keira Knightley, you should watch the one from 90s, believe me!

All photos were taken by Maatzey.

I think it will be end of that post. I hope that you liked photos and you will enjoy my recommendations. 
What do you like about winter? Do you find cold weather nice or rather not?


1 komentarz: